David Kim, Managing Partner of Wright Kim Douglas, is an experienced litigator with an extensive business and real estate background, and handles exclusively probate and trust matters, both litigated and non-litigated.
Mr. Kim has successfully conducted several notable trials involving probate and trust disputes on behalf of Private Professional Fiduciaries and individuals. He also counsels clients in all phases of trust administration, conservatorships and probate matters.
Prior to practicing law, Mr. Kim's background and experience was mainly in real estate finance, working for Comerica Bank, California Federal Bank, and the Irvine Company. He has been an active licensed broker for more than 25 years and has transacted numerous investment properties throughout California.
Since graduating from law school, Mr. Kim has obtained over a decade of legal and management government experience. His prior government experience included working at the Orange County District Attorney's Office, and various Los Angeles County departments, including: the District Attorney's Office, Child Support Services (CSS), Department of Beaches & Harbor, Department of Children & Family Services, Office of Affirmative Action Compliance (OAAC), and Department of Human Resources (DHR).
During his tenure at the District Attorney’s office and CSS, Mr. Kim honed his trial skills by conducting numerous preliminary hearings, bench and jury trials. Mr. Kim is comfortable in a courtroom and is an experienced passionate trial advocate. During Mr. Kim's last three years at Los Angeles County, he was the Risk Manager at the OAAC and DHR responsible for overseeing all aspects of Title VII (Federal) and FEHA (State) litigation involving a workforce of over 100,000 government employees within 37 County departments. Mr. Kim was directly responsible for assessing numerous high risk claims against the County, working with the Board of Supervisors to reduce the County’s potential exposure. Mr. Kim is experienced in assessing the strengths and weaknesses of
claims, determining which ones should be settled and which claims should instead go to trial.
Mr. Kim serves on several Boards. He is the Vice Chair at the YMCA of the Foothills and Vice President on the Executive Committee at the National Advocates Top 100 Lawyers. Mr. Kim also serves on the Board at Glendale Memorial Hospital, Dignity Health.
Mr. Kim received his Bachelor of Science from the University of Southern California, with an emphasis in Real Property and Development Finance and his Juris Doctorate from Western State University. During law school, he received the American Jurisprudence Bancroft-Whitney Award for being top in his class for Legal Research and Writing. Mr. Kim was also within the top 5% of his class for both Trial and Advanced Trial Practice.
Mr. Kim is admitted and certified to practice before all courts in the State of California, the United States Federal District Court for the Central District, Washington D.C.,and United States Tax Court.
- Fiduciary Boot Camp, Pincus Professional Education with Co-Speaker Norine Boehmer, DoubleTree by Hilton, Los Angeles Downtown, March 9, 2018
- Employing Caregivers, 23rd Annual PFAC Educational Conference with Co-Speaker Norine Boehmer, Riverside Convention Center, Riverside, CA, June 2, 2018
- When to Join the Fight: Fiduciary Neutrality and Rules of Ethics, Glendale Estate Planning Council, with Co-Speaker Lauriann Wright; Tam O'Shanter, Los Angeles, CA, July 17, 2018
- The Interplay Between Business Entities and Fiduciary Trustees, 24th Annual PFAC Educational Conference with Co-Speaker Hon. Brenda Penny, Assistant Supervising Judge, Los Angeles Superior Court, Disneyland Resort Hotel, Anaheim, CA, May 4, 2019
- When to Join the Fight: Fiduciary Neutrality & Rules of Ethics, Fiduciary Round Table, University Club, Pasadena, CA, May 8, 2019